Monday, April 25, 2011

My Cheesy rhyming poem about the amazing city of Florence

For my creative writing class we had to write something about going home. So I wrote this
( I am such my mother's daughter)


What will I miss about Florence you ask
Well this answer is long so this isn’t a simple task

I’ll miss Angela with her diva hair flip
Our walks to school
And our Venice trip
I’ll miss Francesca and our gym workouts
Just so we could lay on the beach in Cinque Terre and the Amalfi Coast
After eating very VERY large amounts
I’ll miss Michelle and her new phrase “and then I found 20 bucks”
Her mother’s funny texts
And talking about how art history sucks
My roomy Jillian and her contagious laugh
When trying to speak Italian at dinner, she’s my other half


And then there’s my Italian family I will miss the most
The sweetest family in the world
I still don’t understand why they eat cookies for breakfast instead of toast
My mama with her delicious food and radiant smile
I can’t believe I am leaving her and going so many miles
Then there’s Despina my older Italian sis
All of our chats about friends, boys and life I will truly miss
Theresa the youngest of the fam
Speaking such great English
And helping me study for my Italian exam
Gianco my babbo cracking funny jokes
These people have become so much more than just my hosts

Florence, I’ll miss your pasta and cheap wine
Your scenery and boys that are oh so fine
I’ll miss your baby sized coffee and all your gelati
My Italian class at the VR
And taking trains everywhere instead of driving my car
The Duomo as a guide when always getting lost
Can I stay here all summer?
How much will that cost?

Oh Florence, I am so sad that this is the end
That this is it.

The only thing I won’t miss will be all of your dog shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment