Thursday, January 27, 2011

A few quick updates

I just realized I haven't written much in my blog lately so here are just a few updates. Last Friday I went to Assisi, which is about 2 and a half hours away from Florence. This is a gorgeous ton with a beautiful church that is painted with Fresco's dedicated to the Life of St. Francis, or San Francesco. It was a very cute town and fun to see Monks walking around everywhere. The only problem was it was about 30 degrees and snowing/raining, so it was hard to enjoy the town completely because no one was prepared for this weather. Also this week, Nona came to town. The adorable 83 year old Nona, or Grandma, of my host family has been staying with us all week. She is such a stereotypical Italian Nona. She reminds me a little bit of Kai's Grandma, with her very humorous strong-willed personality. On Monday, I found out I have tendonitis  in my heel from all of the walking I have been doing in non-athletic shoes. So, I have a comfortable pair of new walking shoes and I think my heal is getting better. No extreme physical activity for me until it does though which is always hard for me! Last but not least, I am off to Venice today for the weekend! I am talking my first ever train ride (besides the Polar Express of course) and am getting to Venice at about 9:45 tonight. I am also staying in my first hostel! I will tell you all about my adventures in Venice when I return on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment