Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cinque Terre=Heaven!

This past weekend I went to Cinque Terre. It had to be one of the most beautiful and breathtaking places I have ever been!
We stayed in a cute little place on Monterosso where a cute Italian lady rented out rooms to travelers. For 30 euros a night, we got an adorable room with views of the ocean! She also had two sons, one who owned a pizza place, and one that owned a nice restaurant. We got discounts for going so we figured we would give them a try.
The pesto pizza we ordered at lunch was UNBELIEVABLE! It is in a tie with Dad's grilled pizza for the best pizza I have ever had. Cinque Terre is known for their pesto, so when we went to the other restaurant that night I ordered homemade ravioli with pesto. Cinque Terre's pesto is for sure the besto!
The next day we did the most beautiful hike from Monterosso to Vernazza. It was two hours and it was amazing! We then hopped on a train to go see Corniglia. We had to get back though, and couldn't visit the other villages. Therefore I will have to go back to this amazing place in the future to see the rest! I am hoping I can return in the next month.




Off to the Amalfi Coast on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment